Being a binge-eater, is like being an alcoholic, except it involves food instead of alcohol. It’s an addiction which affects people of all levels of fitness.
Binge eating is as commen amongst competing fitness athletes as it is for a a person who never goes to the gym.
I would lie if I said I never had binge eaten myself. After a long diet your body runs on empty. You are on the borderline for what is a dangerous low fat procent. You are craving all that food you couldn’t eat during the comp diet.[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1536"] Comp diet 2014[/caption]
Some people who suffer from binge eating disorder struggle with emotions of guilt, depression or anxiety. Others feels pressured to be thin and that can that way trigger emotional eating.
I have certain “bad” foods I just have to have after a diet and it’s bread and butter. Carbs and fat! I can go nuts on a loaf of bread but afterwards I feel pretty bad in my belly. Usually this binge period passes after a couple of days and I can go back to normal.
But for some people the binging takes over and they can’t break free. I know how hard it can be when the brain takes over but there is ways to break the binging.[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="2000"] Comp diet 2014[/caption]
My best tips to binge eaters is not to feel you have failed or done something bad. Learn what triggers the binge and try to avoid it. If you binge one day make sure you “snap out of it” the next day! Let go of the mentality that foods are “good” or “bad”. Make peace with the food!
1. Start the morning with a carb free breakfast like egg white omelette.
2. Go to the gym and workout hard and make sure you use the excess energy you stuffed your body with.
3. Eat clean throughout the day, no snacking. Make sure to not surround yourself with “binge food”
4. If you feel like snacking in the evening. Go for a power walk and drink a large cup of tea.
5. If you feel like binge later at night… brush your teeth and go to bed.[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1365"] Comp diet 2015[/caption]